RE: [casi] !OT (off topic) Re: non-Iraq related posts

Dear List,
Ms Foxley's point that this list has
become too "emotional", speaks directly to the point that
Prof Nagy raises, which is, there is not enough emotion.
Risking careers is very important, and requires deeply felt
emotions. For 30 years, I eschewed careerism, and
worked "off the grid" as a peace activist. Now I teach
classes in peace activism, war, feminism, capitalism etc etc.
Where to go from here, re; Iraq? I believe it's important
to see Iraq as part of the wider injustice -- the fact that
35 million people are dying of hunger every year because
of the maldistribution of resources.
Strategically re: Iraq: 1) focus on restoring basic services and
self-rule/bring troops home  2) DU; 3) link up with families of the military
who want to their soldiers to come home. In the US, there appears to be  a
aplit in the ruling class over Iraq, (check out stuff written by investigator
Mike Ruppert); Bush has lost points in the polls, down to 60% approval.  An
organization has sprung up of military families who want the troops home.
USA Today, the Arizona Republic show front page photos of
sick, depressed and injured US troops. Troops are writing
to their Congresspeople begging to get out of Iraq, complaining
directly to the media about broken promises etc. (historically, this must be a
first. Contrast this with the Vietname War, troops only dissented when they
returned home, not during service...)US Generals now admit
the war is not over.
Contrast, also with the Vietnam War, invasions of Grenada and Panama, and Gulf
War I, the amount of ongoing doubt about the reasons for the invasion
...although oil is not usually mentioned; but this also has to be a first
in the last 30 years.
Here in Arizona, there is a new and more institutionalized effort to link up
with the Navajo Nation families suffering from cancer etc, from
uranium mining, and the military families that have DU in their
background. In the UK, there is the new effort initiated by
Felicity, Beatrice et al, to raise awareness about DU in Iraq.
There is a major anti-DU conference scheduled in Hamburg in October.
People on this list should also be on Davey Garland's DU-Watch
list,
Philippa