[casi] Re: (CASI) Water, A!, Forum on Iraq and My Deep Apology

Re: [casi] Forum on Iraq and my Deep Apolgy

Hi all,

newspaper. A crocodile, flanked by a couple of hyenas and three tigers is
addressing a 'Disarmament Conference.' The packed audience is row upon row
of sheep. The crocodile ic concluding his speech: 'My friends, we have
failed. We just couldn't control you war-like passions.'

Alun's thoughts treat all like sheep. People are too stupid to understand
the implications of failed and filthy water. Water has been amongst the
largest debates and political potatoes on earth for decades. Indeed many
predicted the next world war would be about water. When Tom Nagy's find re
the deliberate bombing of Iraq's water surfaced in his articles (and more
humbly, mine) it was a story that went instantly round the world. When I or
Tom speak anywhere, in any country on the subject and on Iraq and Iraq's
people, (along with many others) it is not only standing room only, it's
people unable even to get in, but waiting outside the doors to hear. Not a
point made in tribute to the speakers, but to the interest and compassion
relating to Iraq throughout the world now.

Iraqis are sort of non people of whom few care, says Alun. So why did
virtually every city on earth erupt with demonstrations on an ongoing basis
prior to this war? Because Iraqi;s were non people, because the world's
public can't find it on a maP? Don't think so. Two and a half million people
in Hyde Park, five million in Rome - Malaysia, Washington, Sydney,
Islamabad, thorughout Jordan, Cairo, Inonesia, all Europe, Africa, South and
Central America all responded in vast numbers.

Alun is worried about any protest re water being read as 'unpatriotic'.
What? So Iraqi's are poisoned and ignored (in absolute contravention of the
Geneva Convention) in order that Brits and Americans can be seen as
patriotic? Patriots standing on the graves of more Iraqi kids? Patriotism?
Thanks, but no thanks.

'All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.'

Best, felicity a.