Re: [casi] Anti-War resolution

Dear colleagues,
                                  This is my input for any draft resolution on Iraq and similar
issues:
Any external involvement, political or otherwise, in the affairs of a country, such as Iraq
currently, must comply with international law. That is to say, the United Nations is the only world
organization, which has the legitimate authority to pass such a resolution, implement it and
subsequently monitor it. In the case of Iraq, sooner or later, there will be the need for UN
involvement, if only to avert the outbreak of chaos and even civil war in the aftermath of the
downfall of the repressive regime.

>>> <VnStroope@aol.com> 01/24 2:38 pm >>>

Hello,
I am working on an anti war resolution which I will present to our Student
Assembly on February 9th.  If we are able to pass such a resolution I am
hoping to build a coalition of students which will present this to our local
city government and urge them to pass one as well.
The only specific outline I have to work from is the Chicago City resolution.
 I was wondering if any of you know of any specific Universities which have
also passed such a resolution and perhaps a contact or the actual copy of
such a resolution.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Peacefully yours,

Roger Stroope
Treat others not as you wish to, but as they wish to be...
Austin College, Sherman Texas

DISCLAIMER - London Borough of Hackney may exercise its right to intercept any communication on its
networks - for more information see http://www.hackney.gov.uk/council/data/email_disclaimer.htm