Re: [casi] The Sweeney.

Dear Bert and All.

Purely on technical ground there are differences between oil pipes and water
pipes some of these differences are listed:

1-     Oil pipes in general are large diameters (24+ inch) steal pipes.
Sections of the pipe are welded together and raped in protection materials.
In general these pips are installed over ground raised on concrete or steal
raisers. The pipes have cathodic protection, to eliminate corrosions. They
are designed to carry oil from point A to point B, passing usually through
empty land, with very few if any branches.

2-     Water pipes are Ductile pipes of various diameters, small compared to
oil pipes, that are installed under ground and have very many branches and
valves. The pipes have to pass through each and every street, and ally in
the area. It is supposed to supply water to each house so it has to pass in
front of each house. In installing these pipes care is taken not to damage
the under ground telephone cables, electricity cables or the existing water
supply system, which being replaced by the new system under construction.
Once the new installation is complete and tested a good washing and
decontamination operation is carried out. Once this is completed then the
connection to house is made. Once each and every house has been connected to
the new system the old system is stopped.

These technical, as well as being common sense, points alone show how
difficult it is to replace the existing water system. Mr. Sweeney
regrettably lacked both the technical and the common sense when he wrote
about this point.

Please before “rubbishing” this posting as “Saddams” propaganda check with
you local water board to find out that this “Scientifically” acceptable. You
will find out that Mr. Sweeney was telling rubbish to the whole nation.

Best regards

Ghazwan Al-Mukhtar