RE: latest on 'smart' sanctions proposal

> U.S. TO PUSH TO REFORM IRAQ UN SANCTIONS

Thanks Voices.  This may be good news as I'd been led to believe that the
new "war on terrorism" had distracted attention from Iraq at the UN.  It was
suggested to me that we would probably see a straight Phase XI rollover
resolution: more of the same.  If Powell is still trying to put energy into
this, though, then good.  His resolution still, of course, leaves a lot to
be desired.

Colin Rowat

work | Room 406, Department of Economics | The University of Birmingham |
Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK | 0121 414 3754 | c.rowat@bham.ac.uk

personal | 07768 056 984 (mobile) | (707) 221 3672 (US fax) |
colinrowat@yahoo.com