Re: [casi] New Evidence of Overcharging by Halliburton

Dear List,

In its issue of October 27, TIME Magazine posted the
following:

Page 21, NUMBERS:

$15 million: Amount of a contract awarded to an
American company to uild a cement factory in Iraq with
U.S. taxpayer dollars

$80,000    : Amount an Iraqi businessman spent (using
Saddam’s confiscated funds) to build the same factory,
after delays prevented the American firm from doing
it.
----------------
Of course we only have the administration’s word that
the factory would have been built using US taxpayers’
money. For all we know, the money would have probably
come from the $4 billion Iraqi funds unaccounted for..
Just like the $20 billion promised aid suddenly became
$10 billion in aid and $10 billion as a loan..

But this shows the kind of crooks running things in
Iraq. The American company would have charged for one
factory what the Iraqis would have used for 187
factories!!

This should make our friends at the IPO happy.. US
Democracy ceratinly doesn't come cheap...

HZ