Re: [casi] Strange E-Mails

--- Hassan Zeini <hasseini@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I found 30 messages from C.A.S.I in my inbox. I
> agree
> with Alun that they are from Darin Zeilweger, who
> had
> also sent a message under his name.
>
> My guess is that Darin Zeilweger is a fictitious
> character, because a Google search will reveal that
> the only reference ever to him are from CASI’s
> pages.
I hit that problem as well. His ISP will have his name
and address, however, so they will give that to the
authorities if needed (or they are liable).

> I think this "zeppelin" is a member of a group which
> set out to attack computers and sites of
> organizations
> and people who opposed the illegal war.

If he is a member of this group then I'd be supprised,
because a quick port scan showed his machine to be
vulnerable to a number of attack methods, and to
already have a trojan on it. He also wasn't
intelligent enough to spoof his email address.

I suspect that he's about 12 years old, and thinks
that he knows everything when in reality he knows
nothing. As a result, I am extreemly reluctant to
prevent further attacks on my machines in an agressive
manner.

Alun Harford