[casi] Day of the Dead

I was saddened to have no luck compiling names of Iraqi civilians who died
during Desert Storm.  Thanks to some of the members of the list I understand
why it is so difficult to find these people.  We included many names from
many countries in Latin America in our Bush 41 protest however.

What was not mentioned in the Article from our local paper is that the white
arm bands were for Iraq, for peace.  Also we wrote the NOT IN OUR NAMES
PLEDGE on the steps of the administration building and all signed it.  This I
traced over three times with chalk so it endured the rain, Bush may not have
seen it but the campus certainly did.

Bush 41 also walked away with the petition calling on the US to use only
nonviolent means of conflict resolution with Iraq.  We had signatures from
over 25 states and 10 countries.  For those of you who helped, Bush Sr., had
the petition in his hand, he read it, and commented on our idealism.  This
was one petition that someone actually SAW!  I wish we could have had more
signatures but am grateful that we accomplished what we did.  Thanks to you
who helped!  By the way, has anyone heard from Iraq lately?  I have had no
luck getting through via email in more than ten days.  Worried.

Peacefully yours,

Roger Stroope
"Ideas are more powerful than weapons"
Austin College, Sherman Texas

"Individuals have international duties which transcend the national
obligations of obedience…Therefore [individual citizens] have the duty to
violate domestic laws to prevent crimes against peace and humanity from
occurring" -- Nuremberg War Crime Tribunal, 1950