Re: [casi] Response to Anai Rhoads thoughts

Chris,

It will be a first for the UK not to back up the US' leadas far as I can see. If the US wants a
war, Blair will ride the train until he gets what needs out of it and jump off.

US polls vary as polls generally do, but most claim Americans want to go to war, some prefer proof
and some prefer UN approval.

If Iraq accepts terms and if the US doesn't try to pull any underhanded tricks.. things will be ok.
Hopefully sanctions will be removed so the people can get on with life.

With all of this talk about Saddam hurting his people (don't get me wrong, he is a twat) you would
think someone would have spoken up about the US/UK imposed sanctions.. and how they have caused
countless suffering and death...

~ Anai Rhoads

Chris wrote:

I hope you are wrong. I can't see that Blair can go along with an attack but
I might be wrong about that,too. US public opinion is opposed to action
without support. Russia, China, and France were not keen(nor are British
people and MPs) before action by Iraq. US has started on UN route and is very
difficult to drop back now. Before this, I felt very pessimistic. Bush
doesn't impress anybody with any brains. He sounds and loooks as if he is
suffering from Alzeimers, and Europe(apart from Blair) regard him with
contempt, and Cheney, and Rumsfeld, and Ashcroft.

Regards,

Chris
- - - -
Forgiveness breaks the chain of causality because he who forgives you -- out of love--takes upon
himself the consequences of what you have done. Forgiveness, therefore, always entails a sacrifice.