[casi] Voices in the Wilderness' Iraq Peace Team/twinning initiatives?

The report on Matt Barr's/ Voices in the Wilderness' courageous plan to
visit Iraq set me thinking - has anyone tried to set up any twinning links
between British and Iraqi towns or organisations?

cf: George Galloway is reported to have helped organise the twinning of
Dundee (in Scotland) with the Palestinian town of Nablus [1].

Presumably it's illegal for any British towns to participate under
sanctions, but is anyone trying to organise something now, or did anyone
have links in place before 1991 which have been kept up?  And what about
links between British and Iraqi  trade/professional organisations or groups,
eg. medical workers, teachers, university lecturers, women's groups,
broadcasters, journalists, librarians etc?  Or has anyone found a solution
to a problem via an Iraqi contact (eg.  by using a reference from an Iraqi
library or having access to an Iraqi case study)?  Such initiatives and
human stories, and in particular the voices, opinions and expertise of
'ordinary Iraqis' who are still living in Iraq, need to be reported as
widely as possible.

Thanks
Cathy Aitchison
Aitchison Media & Development

[1] according to the Mirror, publication date unknown but reported on this
list by Peter Brooke on 18/8/02 - see:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page.cfm?objectid=12115622&method=full