[casi] Monstrous Again!

Dear CASI folks,

"Should I have said that?", I asked myself, after my recent 'Monstrous'
e-letter. Muhamad seems to think so, and I can sympathise with his
sentiments re. war etc. Many people's idea of a 'dictator' could be a Roman
Caesar or even a wolf leading a flock of sheep. Yet,  'democracy' frequently
has elements of dictatorship, too. We could argue, endlessly, about what
constitutes good rule. Surely, it would enable everyone to flourish in an
atmosphere, not of cruelty & brutality, but of human goodness. Sorry about
my naive, Utopian views.

Anai feels I should have known about Fox News Channel's policies. I said
it somewhat 'tongue-in-cheek', even though I now know a bit more, including
what she says about the Fox agenda. The excellent FAIR Reports(Fairness &
Accuracy in Reporting) describe Fox as "The most Biased Name
in News". Still, no-one should believe that only Fox is dreadful. The
'free' media tend, mostly, to fall into one of these groups:
1) conservative  2) reactionary  3) ultra-conservative. With, perhaps,
some honourable exceptions, which shine, like beacons, in the darkness.

Greetings,  Bert G. (Birmingham, U.K.).