RE: [casi] America's new Christian Zionists

Dear all,

Over the years, I've had more than enough of ultra-Zionists trying (and
failing) to convince me that all anti-Zionism is anti-Semitism. When
anti-Zionists like Ahmed also appear to be willing to elide the difference,
I get very annoyed with them.

As for the derivation of 'anti-semitism', whatever its roots, it is now
generally accepted as being prejudice directed at adherents of the Jewish
religion, and/or those who identify their ethnicity as 'Jewish'. Aattempting
to re-define it according to one's own personal view of the world seems to
me to be a waste of time.

What's all this got to do with the campaign to lift the sanctions? Quite a
bit: Iraq is a multi-faith, multi-ethnic state, facing attack from people of
many races and faiths. The movement to lift sanctions can't allow itself to
get diverted onto expressions of hatred for one race/religion or another.

<I've just cut a long and vitriolic diatribe against bigots, racists, and
nationalists of all persuasions which originally occupied this paragraph.
Count yourselves lucky!>

Chris Williams