Nonviolent Action at the US Embassy

NONVIOLENT ACTION AT THE US EMBASSY
against the economic sanctions on Iraq

SATURDAY 25TH NOVEMBER

Meet at 1pm in the garden in Grosvenor Square,
London W1 (nearerst tube Bond Street).

Please join us at the US Embassy on November 25th to show your solidarity
with ordinary people in Iraq and your opposition to this US-British policy.
Take part through your supportive presence, or by participation in this
nonviolent sit-down protest.

Please wear back and bring flowers (if possible).

There will be a nonviolence workshop and legal briefing on Friday 24th
November from 7.30 - 9.30 pm at the Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, London
(nearest tube Holborn).

These events are part of the International Week of Action against the
sanctions on Iraq (see www.notinournames.org from the 10th November).

For more information please contact voices in the wilderness uk, 16b
Cherwell Street, Oxford OX4 1BG. tel. 01865 - 243 232.
e-mail : voices@viwuk.freeserve.co.uk
web-site : http://welcome.to/voicesuk

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Gore : We have maintained sanctions ... they're
trying to break out of the box ... I don't think they
should be allowed to.

Bush : I want [sanctions] to be tougher.

           US Presidential Debate, 11 October 2000

"If people could hear and see what is being done in
names in Iraq, they would be outraged. But they don't
so it continues."

                      John Simpson, BBC World Affairs Editor
                      ('Inhumane war that puts us all to shame', Sunday
Telegraph, 30 April 2000)