From CASI discussion list manager

Dear list members,

Over the past days, there have been some messages posted to this list that
have not been directly related to the sanctions on Iraq or have been quite
angry in tone.  While the reasons for this are understandable given recent
events in the Middle East, we nevertheless have always been proud that this
list has allowed people of diverse backgrounds but a shared concern in the
humanitarian consequences of the sanctions on Iraq to share information and
enter into discussion.

Unfortunately, some of the recent messages have contained personal attacks
of the sort that are common on many mailing lists, but fortunately not on
this list.  We have therefore taken the step of placing one list member onto
the "read only" discussion list.  This means that they receive the messages
as usual but any postings they send to the list require the explicit
approval of the moderators.  This list was developed last year when one list
member continued to post messages in spite of the list moderator's
instructions that those messages were often repetitive and otherwise not
worth posting to the list.

This is only the second time that we have taken the step of placing a
member on the "read only" list.  I would like to emphasise that we do not
do this to attempt to control the points of view presented on the list,
but merely to preserve the list's atmosphere of consideration and
constructive discussion.

Thank you for your co-operation, Ali Draper.
Lists Manager, Campaign Against Sanctions on Iraq
www.casi.org.uk              fax: 0870 063 5022

Ali Draper
079 90 50 30 26
Girton College, Cambridge, CB3 OJG