Re: !

Dear Everyone

I would respectfully suggest that the main reason why people want to be
removed from the list is the sheer volume of messages on it that are
completely irrelevant to the people on the list.  These include messages
asking to be removed from the list, messages to M about WHY they want
to be removed from the list, and other private matters.  So please could
you ONLY e-mail DIRECTLY to M or whoever if you have a personal
message just for them (i.e. that the many people all over the world on
this list don't need to know about).  If you want to be removed from the
list then please e-mail to soc-casi-discuss-managers@lists.cam.ac.uk and
not to the main list itself.  If we all did these basic things then M
would not have been upset in the first place and, indeed, less people
would have wanted to be removed from the list in the first place as
well.  The danger is that more and more messages are sent asking to come
of the list, and this annoys yet more people so that they want to come off
too, creating a snowball effect.

Cheers

Alan

ALAN BATES