The following is an archived copy of a message sent to the CASI Analysis List run by Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq.

Views expressed in this archived message are those of the author, not of Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq (CASI).

[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

Re: [casi-analysis] "Resistence" in Iraq

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

Dear Tom,

as I have still contacts with people who have been, or are still in Iraq,
their testimonies are different from yours.
- a woman who has been in Iraq during 2 months (december and january), and
stayed with a family, told me there were gunsots and explosions almost every
night, and sometimes during the day. And she stayed in Baghdad, Kerbala,
Najaf, Samarra and Tikrit. There were many house searchings by occupation
forces, there are eliminations (assassinations) of intellectuals going and
other atrocities. And there was a lot of resistance. And it seemed well
organised. But as resistance is underground, you won't see them openly
resisting. I think that is normal. I can imagine what it's like when I hear
stories of my parents about the resistance during WWII. They say they didn't
know who was with the resistance (the white brigades as they were called).
But there were a lot of collaborators killed and also policemen who
collaborated with the Germans. So my parents understand the situation in
Iraq very well. It seems that you should have lived in a once occupied
country to know what resistance means. It is not an open war. The enemy is
too powerful. So there will be attacks from time to time and sabotages and
explosions.
And I don't think that Robert Fisk would invent stories.

- the hanging of the soldiers in Fallujah was not at a bridge over the
Euphrates, but at a railway bridge. Sources for that: Jordanian Times, Islam
Online etc. So the international press was a little too uncareful when they
mentiones the Euphrates. But the story seems to be true.

I'll copy an interesting article about the killings of intellectuals in
Iraq. It seems they want to destroy the brains of Iraq.

Greetings.
Dirk Adriaensens.

Academic accuses Mossad of assassination of Iraqi professors, clerics.

The Chairwoman of the Center for Palestinian Studies at Baghdad University,
Dr. Huda an-Nu'aymi, has charged that about 100 university professors have
been assassinated in Iraq since the Anglo-American occupation began.  In
addition about 1,000 others have left the country.

Speaking in Amman, Jordan, an-Nu'aymi accused the Zionist Mossad of
liquidating Iraqi religious leaders.  "Israeli" infiltration into Iraq has
recently increased sharply as they use the medium of private investment
companies in the Maysan area."

An-Nu'aymi was taking part in a conference on the situation of Iraqi women
under the US occupation that began Wednesday in the Jordanian capital.
According to the Saudi Press Agency WAS, she disclosed stories of the
kidnapping of Iraqi girls and of assaults by US occupation troops on
women prisoners in the concentration camps operated by the invaders.
She disclosed violations of human rights and explained that women are
taken hostage by the US aggressors in an effort to make family members
turn in the woman's husband, brother, or son.  In many cases these women
themselves are assaulted in various ways.  The US invader troops also steal
the Iraqis' gold jewellery.

An-Nu'aymi said that America's talk about democracy, freedom, and human
rights for Iraqis is for domestic US consumption only.  Meanwhile no one
knows the fate of the oil being plundered by the US invaders.

Sources:
http://www.islammemo.cc/news/one_news13.asp?IDNews=28047
http://www.islammemo.cc/news/one_news13.asp?IDNews=28046
http://www.islammemo.cc/news/one_news13.asp?IDnews=28031