[casi] Hungary will say no - hopefully

Dear Friends,

Hungarian parliament is scheduled to vote on Monday about the US request for Hungary to send
peacekeeping troops to Iraq. Authorizing the government to grant the request requires a two thirds
majority. The coalition propose to say yes.

I spoke to my MP on Friday afternoon, and he said that they (the two opposition parties) had made
up their minds to vote against the proposal.

In the meantime, however, state radio and TV keep repeating that the opposition will only reveal
their decision on Monday.

Keep your fingers crossed for my small country to dare be defiant.

Cheers
Attila Boros
Hungary