[casi] NOTICE OF LIST SHUTDOWN

Dear discussion list members,

This is notify you all that this list will be closed in two weeks' time.
After this date, messages sent to casi-discuss@lists.casi.org.uk or
soc-casi-discuss@lists.cam.ac.uk will no longer be distributed.

In its stead, CASI has launched a new email list with the address
casi-analysis@lists.casi.org.uk  All members of the current discussion
list have automatically been made members of the new analysis list.  The
new list's guidelines include a stricter moderation and posting policy
and are available on http://www.casi.org.uk/lists.html

The decision to stop providing the discussion list has been difficult to
make.  We have been troubled by a rapid unsubscription rate and unease
expressed by list members about the list's tone and content.
Consultation about the list's future indicated many members' wish for
tighter moderation, and we hope that the resulting analysis list will
provide an Iraq discussion forum of high quality.  As our resources are
limited and strained, the discussion list will be discontinued to make
room for this new list.  We hope that those members who wish to continue
unmoderated discussion will organise the setting up of a new list for
this purpose elsewhere.  The list manager is happy to aid with technical
advice on this, and can be reached on lists-manager@casi.org.uk

The analysis list is open for use and we very much hope that you will
contribute to this and find it a useful forum.  More announcements will
follow, including details of a new service enabling list members to
contribute to daily news compilations.

Yours,

Seb Wills and Per Klevnäs,
on behalf of the CASI Committee