[casi] Saddam caught alive

Dear list members,

I have just heard from Baghdad that Saddam has been caught alive in a cellar
in Tikrit.  He was apparently hiding in a hole that he had dug in its floor,
and was dug out with shovels.  The person with whom I spoke feels that this
is the first unmitigated success of the coalition in Iraq, and that it
represents a sea change.  I very much hope so.

Colin Rowat

work | Room 406, Department of Economics | The University of Birmingham |
Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK | web.bham.ac.uk/c.rowat | ( 44/0) 121 414 3754 |
(+44/0) 121 414 7377 (fax) | c.rowat@bham.ac.uk

personal | (+44/0) 7768 056 984 (mobile) | (+44/0) 7092 378 517 (fax) |
(707) 221 3672 (US fax) | c.rowat@espero.org.uk