Re: [casi] Cordesman: "Iraq: Too Uncertain to Call"

Personnally, I don't want the occupation to work. If it does, for US's
sake (control of Iraq's economy) not democracy or some stupid last
minute invention of the sort, then it will be repeated ad nauseam
elsewhere. There are a hell of a lot of feable/feasable elsewheres that
comes to mind. Asking to "bring back the troops home" don't change the
nature of an empire in the making either.

Drew can post whatever he wants but please, no attempt to defend Mr.
Pentagon or the likes. I was ready to delete the message without
commenting when I saw Drew's plea for..."silence". That's what got
me...to talk.

Cordesman has never been a source for me and never will. Managed to
stumble on some of his earlier analysis on Palestine at the begining of
the 90s in scholar journals at university. Is mantra is still the same.
Not interested.

I 've read  him from much longer than that tough - mid eighties in
audiophile journal like Absolute Sound. Saw him statue like standing
during the first Gulf War on ABC as in-house military analyst with his
pointer in front a cardboard using already then the "we" word when ever
mentioning the US army activities in Iraq.

The last thing I heard this week about electricity mainly in Bagdad was
that it was getting better than even under Saddam's last days. As for
NGO and the UN, since they can't operate freely anymore, I doubt much
conclusive and thorough reports will be published from now on. The only
thing left that is relatively well-known is the body counts.

Marc Azar