[casi] Powell's sleepless nights

Two from U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell:

[1]: "They're a wonderful medication ... They're called Ambien, which is very
good. You don't use Ambien? Everybody here uses Ambien."

[2]: (Regarding reports of President Bush's untroubled sleep ...) "I sleep like
a baby, too. Every two hours I wake up screaming!"

---
Notes:  I hesitated to post these, as they lead too readily to junk rhetoric and
agitprop.  But come on:  "Everybody here uses Ambien." ?!?  I was powerless.
Sources follow.

Regards,
Drew Hamre
Golden Valley, MN USA

===
[1] http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A19844-2003Nov9?language=printer
A Memorial to Politics
By Al Kamen
Monday, November 10, 2003; Page A23

[excerpt]
Powell's Chemical Equation

Powell described his killer schedule in an interview Thursday with Abdul Rahman
Al-Rashed, a reporter for a London-based Saudi newspaper.

"So do you use sleeping tablets to organize yourself?" Al-Rashed asked.

"Yes. Well, I wouldn't call them that," Powell said. "They're a wonderful
medication -- not medication. How would you call it? They're called Ambien,
which is very good. You don't use Ambien? Everybody here uses Ambien."

Really? Some folks across the river may conclude that explains a lot.
[end excerpt]

[2] Hendrik Hertzberg, The New Yorker, 2003-02-10
Not personally verified, but see
http://www.cfo.com/article/1,5309,8800%7C%7CA%7C314%7C9,00.html and
http://www.anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=5577