Subject: Invitation from Baghdad
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:40:31 +0300
From: "Hilmi, Bassim" <hilmib.CAN@orha.centcom.mil>
To: <jya@pipeline.com>

Dear John Young,

I am writing to you from Baghdad, Iraq to invite you and your distinguished
firm to consider participating in the building of a new Iraq.  We, at the
Iraqi Ministry of Trade, are in the process of selecting firms like yours to
participate in the development of a major project.  This project entails the
building of new Exhibition Halls, and Convention Centers, in addition to the
installation of all support services and amenities that go with it.

We are placing announcements in local and ME papers and on the Iraqi
Business Centre web site, (I am attaching a copy of this announcement to
this email).  We are also contacting a selected list of world class firms
whom we believe have the capability and experience to be involved.

We acquired your contact information from Mr. Jeff Green, NY Port Authority
General Counsel, If you require further information, please do not hesitate
to contact me on my email or through the e-mail mentioned in the
announcement attached.  To send the required documents by courier, here is
the Address listed below:

  Bassim Hilmi
  Room M111
  Iraqi Reconstruction and Development Council
  Coalition Provisional Authority
  Baghdad, IRAQ
  Tel 1 914 360 7987
Thank you for your cooperation and looking to your feedback

Bassim Hilmi

Attached: Announcement from Iraqi Ministry of Trade.doc

___________________________

Announcement from Iraqi Ministry of Trade

Iraqi Ministry of Trade is planning to develop the existing site of the
Baghdad International Fair into a world class site consisting of modern
Exhibitions and Convention facilities which also include modern office
space, world class Hotels and other support service facilities.

The current site of Baghdad International Fair is a prime real state owned
by the Iraqi Ministry of Trade located in the Center of Baghdad of about
350,000 Sq meters and was used to accommodate the annual Baghdad
International Fair for the last 30 years. In its peak time more than 70
countries and 3000 exhibitors had participated in displaying their products
and services and had resulted in billions of dollars worth of transactions.

By this Announcement the Iraqi Ministry of Trade is inviting qualified
International Consulting firms to participate in phase one of this project
by submitting prequalification information and documents describing their
experience in similar projects and their abilities to conduct feasibility
studies about the economics and scope of the project, also the conceptual
designs of required development, detailed request for proposal and selection
process and criteria.

This development is a major step and key factor in the building of a new,
free and democratic Iraq with open market economy, taking in consideration
the new regulations for economic and investment development.

Initial contacts should made by email to Iraqi_ministry_of_trade@hotmail.com