Re: [casi] LA Weekly: Where are the Democrats and the Peace Movement?

Dear Rania and casi

When Iraq, surprisingly, invaded Kuwait the US through the UNSC imposed a
very generous compensation scheme to those effected by the invasion. The UN
administered Iraqi compensation fund paid money even to Israeli cinema
operators for lost profit during the 91 war! This action by the US & UN has
set up precedence that needs to be applied to the current situation.

The US willfully and deliberately defied the international community and the
UNSC and invaded Iraq. The US invasion of Iraq has caused tremendous
destruction to the infrastructure of the country as well as huge damage to
personal property, loss of earning, and human suffering that need to be
compensated for. The US must pay from its own money for the compensation for
all those affected by its illegal invasion.

As an occupying power, the US is responsible for all the ill effects of its
actions, or inactions, which further compounds the US liability.

The invasion of Iraq has created a chaos in the country. It is the US
responsibility to see to it that this is corrected with or without the help
of other countries or the UN. The quick withdrawal of US forces, to minimize
US casualty, does not absolve them from their obligations to correct the
chaos that they themselves created.

The sooner the US realized this and takes actions to compensate the people
or the state of Iraq the sooner they can leave. Failing to understand that
realty they should bleed to death,  for all I care.

Best regards

Ghazwan Al-Mukhtar

Baghdad, occupied Iraq