[casi] Prposal to transform Casi

Dear Sam Royston and list members,

With reference to Sam's draft of the above submittal on 25th September
2003, I would like to welcome this change of heart and emphasis. It
separates the boys from men, or rather Saddam's apologists from genuine
international solidarity with his victims, the Iraqi people. The tone of
the language is a marker of  the latter and conducive to constructive
friendly discussions. Witness phrases such as "understanding",
"humanitarian" and "post-war Iraq". Well done.

For my part, I am more than willing to contribute to its organisational
work and seminars. Incidentally, I submitted flow charts on sanctions
umpteen times during these five years and my pre-war article earlier
this year. They are "embedded" somewhere on the website. I would like
them to be archived separately, either thematically or under my own name
for posterity.

Looking forward to further co-operation with you within the new remit.

Yours in solidarity,

                           Muhamad