Re: [casi] In Defense of Fast Food

Iran was never in a position to take over Iraq. Iran was
attacked by Iraq first.

The thought of Iran taking over Iraq is a paranoid one. So
was the domino theory during the cold war and also the idea
that Saddam had WMD that could be deployed in 45 minutes.

When I was in primary school our teacher discussed the
terrifying hypothetical situation of a US president going
mad. It now seems that such situations are not so
hypothetical. The impeachment proceedings against Clinton,
the election of Bush before all votes in Florida were
counted and the recall vote in California suggest that in
the US sane decent leaders are not tolerated.

Quoting Darin Zeilweger <dzepplin@charter.net>:

>....the thought of Iran taking over Iraq and
> being in control of the 2nd largest oil supply in the
world.  In
> addition, they would be sharing borders with not only
Kuwait but with
> Saudi Arabia, the worlds largest oil supply, of whome the
Iranians did