Re: [casi] In Defense of Fast Food

Saddam Hussein was never an 'ally'.

The U.S., in the mid 80's, provided military support to Iraq so it would
not lose the war to Iran.  In was in our interest to do so.  It was also
in the worlds interest to do so, too, as the U.S.S.R., France, and China
provided military support to, much more so in fact, than the U.S.A.
Germany, too, supplied Iraq with chemicals, too.  England supplied Iraq,
too, but not as much as the rest.

I don't know what specific naval excercise you are referring to, but our
Navy ended up going there, that is true, to protect from Iranian attacks
on both Iraqi and Kuwaiti shipping -- Oil isn't kool-aid, ya know.

About 'if Saddam had not invaded Kuwait':  No, Saddam Hussein would
never have been an ally, even if Halabjah had never transpired.  At
most, all Iraq would have been, like virtually any other middle east
country, is a country to do trade with and with perhaps a basic level of
diplomatic relations.

An ally would be a country like France.... or no... wait...  never mind.