Re: FW: [casi] Regarding 'Testimony of the Iraqi Doctor' ---- Give me a break!

In a message dated 8/19/03 4:24:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
Muhamed.Ali@Hackney.gov.uk writes:

> I did understand the cultural connotation of "two fingers" in western
> culture but I declined to be dragged down to such level of "honest
> dialogue". I left it to others on the list, some of whom must have read
> it and understood it

Actually, what I meant when I said that I could count the number of CASI
members who agreed with your position on two fingers,  was that I could probably
count the number of CASI members who agreed with your position on two fingers.

The Western cultural "finger" has a meaning and yes it is rather rude
(although it may also stand for 'one').  On the other hand (pun) "two fingers" means
either "two"(quantity) or pour me a glass with a depth of liquid (usually
alcoholic) "two fingers deep."  Apparently you did NOT understand the cultural
connotation of 'two fingers.'

What I was specifically referring to, without going back to the archives, was
probably your ongoing support for a violent overthrow of the Iraqi regime and
your foolish crowing about the vindication of your position by a poorly
thought out article you submitted for the lists' perusal.  I was suggesting that
most of the people on CASI did not support military aggression by the US/uk and
that you and the other "gentleman" from Iraq who had called for military
action may have been alone in your position to see many thousands of innocent Iraqi
civilians murdered by the US/uk and then placed under Western occupation in
order to remove SH who had been so well supported by the US/uk for so many
years.  Of course this occupation is taking the lives of innocents every day.
Good for you, you got your political will enacted.

If I have misrepresented your initial position, sorry.  Don't worry about
misrepresenting mine.  Cultural differences and all.

yours in continued idiocy,

Roger Stroope
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff USA

~Just 10% of our military budget spent yearly on the United States could give
every high school graduate a college education for four years.

~The proposed $48 billion increase in military spending for next year (2004)
is bigger than the total military budget of any other country on earth.