FW: [casi] Regarding 'Testimony of the Iraqi Doctor' ---- Give me a break!

Dear list members,
                  I agree with Roger Stroope's objection to the use of
bad language, though not necessarily his views. But it is one thing
preaching to others and quite another to practise it oneself. Are not
you the same person, an academic from a place of learning, who responded
to my e-mail of 6th June 2003 as follows:

In a message dated 06/06/2003 11:07:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
mali@gw.hackney.gov.uk writes:

> I urge you to read this article, especially the last two paragraphs. I

> feel

"I would imagine that I can count the individuals who would agree with
this
article (casi members) on one hand, perhaps on two fingers.  As to your
pre-war prognosis being vindicated, perhaps you should go to a hospital
in Iraq, any hospital in Iraq, and see how vindicated you are.
Yours in idiocy,

Roger Stroope
Austin College
Sherman Texas, USA
www.austincollege.edu"

I did understand the cultural connotation of "two fingers" in western
culture but I declined to be dragged down to such level of "honest
dialogue". I left it to others on the list, some of whom must have read
it and understood it. I can not think of an appropriate saying in
English, but there is a famous verse in Arabic.
I even agree with Roger's last paragraph with the proviso of
substituting VnStroope@aol.com for dzepplin@charter.net.

Yours in politeness,
Muhamad