[casi] !IT! - "For whom the bell tolls"

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:37:41 -0300 (ADT) H Sutter <citext@chebucto.ns.ca>
writes:

>(IT = inspirational transgression)

I like your designation. :)

>everyman is a peece of the Continent,
>a part of the maine;

Absolutely!

>power - and territorial or financial gains. In
>France they were persecuting and slaughtering the
>Huguenots. The Inquisition was still torturing

My grandfather's name was "Stemler". I was told it was from the German
for "stammerer", a reference to how his ancestors were Huguenots driven
out of France to Germany, where they were called stammers because of
their broken speech. Some four centuries later and thousands of miles
distant, my family still bears the marks of that persecution. Who of us
are not marked in some way, and who of our heirs can escape the brush of
history -- many in ways far more consequential than just a name?

If we don't struggle for justice for ourselves, we must at least do it
for our children.