[casi] Iraq: 100 Days Of 'Peace'

>When they have such immunity who cares about "reasonable >response"
>
>The only freedom I see is the “coalition” freedom to do >any thing and
every thing with total IMPUNITY!

Regardless of the "laws" passed by the occupation forces, the shooting of
those people was cold-blooded murder. Everything the Nazis did was legal
by Nazi law, but it made no difference when the world caught up with
them. Bush and his cronies should be hanged as war criminals and mass
murderers. Considering who has the power, that may not happen, but if the
truth survives then I expect history, at least, to condemn them as
murdering criminals.

They do not, however, have immunity from the sense of justice of many
people in the world, or in Iraq -- and there such a thing as retribution.
The sanctions killed 1/2 million people; there are 120,000 troops in
Iraq. If the situation gets bad enough, might not the tribal sheiks order
jihad or blood revenge? (I'm not sure exactly what the cultural values
are.) If the majority of Iraqis was willing to sacrifice his life for
that of an occupier, one to one, the entire occupation force could be
wiped out for little more than one fifth the loss from the sanctions. It
seems to me that Bush might be entirely underestimating the danger he is
courting.