Re: [casi] ! OT! A ridiculous appeal.

Dear Elga and Hassan,

Thank you for your article and comments, which are very
helpful in my watching how human rights are being watched by
Human Rights Watch, AI, PHR etc.

I have been a member of PHR since I was a medical student 15
years ago. I am still happy to be a member but I am no
longer proud of it. I used to admire these human rights NGOs
for their "neutrality" and "courage".  But it seems that I
was wrong.  Probably it's my fault rather than theirs, as
their selective nature of justice is so obvious that it
would seem naive to admire a notion of "neutrality" which is
simply neutrally, firmly applying two or more different
standards to the same things.

I have to say they are NOT neutral at all. The notions of
impartiality or neutrality that they enshrine at the centre
of their work is a myth if not a lie. I simply don't believe
that human rights problems can be solved without addressing
their root cause.  Anyone interested in justice must
confront the economic, social, and political root of
injustice,

Like knowledge, morality or justice may take many forms or
systems; but each of them has to be internally consistent.
All justice disappear it it fails the test of internal
consistency.

Best,

Emir