RE: [casi] !OT (off topic) Re: non-Iraq related posts

Colleagues,

   With the death of Dr. Kelly and the "Bill of Rights" and even the BBC on
the ropes, and most to scared to offer even an opinion (except perhaps on
sports), I think the question should be how do we get and retain people who
will work actively.

   Framed this way, it's hard to see hardliners if they care about Iraqi
chidren (and I certainly hope and believe they do), object. Or is even the
matter of effectiveness and purpose to end the abomination against the people
of Iraq (in what everform, sanctions, bombs, or occupation) taboo?

   Are we to induge in the lethal fantasy that all that's necessary in our
perfect US/UK "democracies" is to lay the facts on the table? If this
nonsensical view had merit, then the crisis would have ended more than a
decade ago.

   Is it possible that there is a lack of empathy and perhaps sneering at
those of us who have had our careers ruined if not severely compromised by our
work on Iraq?

    Must we die (or me made dead) before, it becomes legitimate to raise these
issues?

tom

p.s. My chapter in the book featuring chapters by Profs. Falk and Herring is
at
home.gwu.edu/~nagy

just scroll down to the last item on the page if you are interested. I have 50
pages with about that number of footnotes, but it's not academic only. In fact
it's on transforming the genocidal DIA papers into their oppossite -- with
practical tips. The next version will have a section on maintaining you health
while continuing the struggle for universal rights.

>===== Original Message From rubytoo@xemaps.com =====
>At last a sensible idea :)
>
>The posts on this have generated far more volume than the posts themselves
and that volume seems to be defending one idea of relevancy. I have a delete
key I have filters I'm far happier to see a few posts like the "prayer post"
than all this drivel about who's idea of relevancy counts. This is seriously
irritating for me how anyone can complain so loudly about such an
insignificant thing is beyond me - I'm sure many people around the world today
would like to be in a position where having to use a delete key more often
than they would like was their worst problem!

>Your idea is a good one imho thanks RT

Tom
Thomas J. Nagy, Ph.D.
Assoc. Prof. of Expert Systems
George Washington Univeristy Sch. of Business & Public Mgt.
Washington, D.C. 20052
home.gwu.edu/~nagy