Re: [casi] The BBC's John Sweeney On "The Pilger-Baathist Line"

Andreas

Many thanks for posting this article. The BBC have never accepted
that sanctions killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis. They
didn't even report the resignations of Hans von Sponeck or Denis
Halliday.

John Sweeney is an especially bad example of a BBC journalist with a
proven track record on reporting on Iraq. I'm amazed that he gets
away with his television reporting. I'm glad that Media Lens have
done this analysis although, based on the response they got from him,
it would be better to complain to the BBC!

Mark Parkinson
Bodmin
Cornwall