Re: [casi] MEMRIs Are Mad of This!

Dear Roger & List,

Sorry, HZ, this doesn't answer your questions.- I've done some surfing on
MEMRI (The Middle East Media
Research Institute). You wonder whether M is funded by the US government? Or
are you making a statement?  No, it's not, at least not officially.
According to the M website, it was "Founded in February 1998 to inform the
debate over U.S. policy in the Middle East, M is an independent,
nonpartisan, nonprofit...organization. M's headquartersis located in
Wahington, DC with branch offices in Berlin, London & Jerusalem, where Malso
maintains its Media Center." Come on, you Rocket Science & Quantum Physics
people, out there, any ideas? Some of you may wish to see which persons &
orgs. are reccommending M. Example: "You know you've got things in the Saudi
papers now that thanks to the MEMRI Research Institute we can read in
English translation." (Fox News, May 16, 2003). Saudi news is one thing, but
- as with any media - how is it selected & used? Think I've said enough, for
now, I'll
leave you, Roger, & others on the List to put 2 + 2 together.

Greetings,

Bert Gedin,
Birmingham, U.K.