[casi] RE: Followup 7/8: Public Health Concerns in Iraq-Paper Clip?

Dear Colleages,

   Well, I agree with Helen: "read the 'report' and see if you could give this
"report" anything above a C- if it were handed in to you  by a group of
sophomores?

Does anyone know who/what PDMIN is/are? Anything about their track record?

Having been a beltway bandit for 4 years, it sure smells like something from a
beltway  bandit (free enterprise entrepeneurs who suck up U.S. gov. $$$ doing
"directed" research in response for RFPs. Step one in responding to an RFP is
to say back to the government exactly what it says it wants-- I'm not kidding.
And this is just in an effort to entice the Eagle to disgorge its gold on you,
i.e., to be winner of the RFP).

  In sorrow and disgust that our service members, possibly ex-students of
mine, die and intants die without  concern here in the good old USA  even as
the oil is getting protection, lots and lots of it, as the pampered, buffed
"congress members who could end this evil by shaming the U.S. into providing
safe water immediately , at least for all the children , avoid Iraq or go only
for quicky photo ops,

tom

p.s. And of course U.S. profs act like de-tongued sheep and no wonder, the
very groups like Genocide Scholars and human "rights" groups are conveniently
silent, extremely quiet or in frank denial.  I guess the "gentlemen" the US
recruited in operation "Paper Clip" at the end of WWII taught the government
real well. Now,  the mass killing is ever so much slicker, acceptable,
deniable.
>===== Original Message From helen fein <helenfein@comcast.net> =====
>To all recipients:
>
>The early report (on conditions of July 3) with web address was from the WHO
>website but only the direct URL was given.  The PDMIN report coordinates
>information not only from WHO but from other agencies.  If you want to go
>directly to the World Health Organization website for the most current
>report, try
>www.who.int/disasters and click on "Iraq Humanitarian Assistance Report
>(PDMIN) July 16, 2003" and for a list of reports by WHO alone (to 7 July)
>click on "Iraq crisis" under list of countries.
>
>The citation from Milton Leitenberg  on July 14 is from an e-mail to me.
>
>I trust that readers wishing to verify this information will go to the
>website and read it in its entirety.
>
>Helen Fein

Tom
Thomas J. Nagy, Ph.D.
Assoc. Prof. of Expert Systems
George Washington Univeristy Sch. of Business & Public Mgt.
Washington, D.C. 20052
home.gwu.edu/~nagy