Re: [casi] Fwd: Rape (and Silence About It) Haunts Baghdad

Dear Rania,

    Please weigh in publicly on HRW, especially if my experience with good old
Joe of HRW - Washington resonates with you. I fear that HRW  and AI and a bunch
more have made a deal with the devil: ignore or softpeddle the  the underlying
cause, the invasion and the unraveling of the lies which stampeeded Congress and
Parliament off page one. In exchange, don't get  hassled by the US or UK govs.

     What a joke, methodologically [NOT the RAPES+ since ANY RAPE is a HORRIBLE
crime!]. HRW is skeptical of WHO/UNICEF epidemiological surveillance data on
waterborne disease, but stakes its credibility of what, 75 interviews? If the
infants were not dying, this misplaced methodology would merely be sad but not
tragic

Eager to see your writing rather sending us the completely corrupt NYT [all the
news that fits big business]. .

tom

Rania Masri wrote:

>   More from the HRW article
>
> >From New York Times.

> Rape (and Silence About It) Haunts Baghdad
>
> July 16, 2003
>  By NEELA BANERJEE
>
> BAGHDAD, Iraq, July 15 - In her loose black dress, gold

p.s. from tom: who is Neela Banerjee and what's her tack record?