Re: [casi] FW: On MEMRI....

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:23:28 -0700 (PDT) Hassan Zeini
<hasseini@yahoo.com> writes:
>Dear List,
>
>The issue of "credibility" pops up again after the
>posting of a news report from MEMRI.
>
>I am posting an article from the Guradian by Brian
>Whitaker which exposes MEMRI for what it really is...
>
>HZ
>--------------------------
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,7792,773258,00.html

Thank you -- It's good to read this. ("It's not nice to fool Mother
Nature" -- and I don't much care for being fooled myself.) The suggestion
in the article that another translation of the papers, perhaps by the
papers themselves, is a good one, and quite important.
Perhaps there is something which CASI and/or members can do to help this
happen? Maybe a number of volunteers could be assembled to regularly
translate the bulk of the news items and upload them to a central
location? Perhaps electroniciraq / intefada or another group could help
with this?

If a centralized site (arabpress.org or similar?) could be established
they could offer e-mailings to the public, and more importantly to the
politicians.