[casi] Re: Urgent Request that you Prevent Rwanda Redux

It occurs to me that the original fight against abuse of children was
done through the laws prohibiting cruelty to animals -- children are,
techniclly animals. Perhaps a different venue might yield some results??
I'm just trying to brainstorm here...

If an article could be submitted by a distinguished medical person to the
AMA Journal, The Lancet, the Harvard medical school publication, etc., to
the effect that this neglect of Iraqi children is a form of epidemic
child abuse, which I would surely guess has been covered on those sort of
medical journals -- perhaps it could be published and gain the attention
of doctors, who may well then be moved to intervene. Even perhaps the US
Surgeon General would be motivated.

In a similar vein, organizations dedicated to stopping child abuse might
be a venue to pursue this issue. An analysis of morbidity and death rates
might be of interest to Scientific American, Science, Nature, or
anthropological journal. Perhaps a mathematician could be found to write
on the statistical analysis and predictive probabilities of deaths for a
math journal -- to be read by mathematicians, and who might be concerned
with the humanity behind the numbers.

Essentially, getting a powerful group involved, through a "back door"
besides the ones we would ordinarily think of, such as US/UK government,
UN, or WHO.