[casi] Re: Comments to Tom.

Dear All on List,

On Tom's suggestion, I'm happy to forward this, hoping it may lead to some
healthy debate as to how best communicate, esp. with those in charge of
invasion/occupation of Iraq.

To write for the press, to speak to the media, or publicly, at such
occasions it may be appropriate to 'spice up' your message by strong
language. On the other hand, dealing directly with your opponents
is quite a different matter - how do you get accross most effectively
(assuming that such communication is at all possible!)? I've been involved
in peaceful demonstrations, where leading British politicians have been
jeered & bood. When I write to, or meet, one, should I call him/her a a
"warmonger" etc. to his/her face? Or apply a more reasoned approach? I
certainly don't have all the answers to this - perhaps the List can help? -
As I'm sure Tom will agree with, you can sup with the devil, as long as you
use a long spoon - but don't sleep with him!

Greetings,

Bert G. (B'ham, UK).

PS. Ariel Sharon, Tony Blair, Jack Straw, & friends, are having dinner (with
an abundance of stuffed olives? Are long spoons provided?) at 10 Downing St,
Monday July 14th. Many uninvited guests will be present, at that address,
from 5.30 - 7.30 pm., to give Ariel an appropriate welcome! - Other actions
for Sunday/Monday.