Re: [casi] Deadly waste returned to US forces (What is 10000 times normal?)

To give some perspective on what '10,000' times normal
level, I did some research (although I certainly can't
be considered an expert on the subject!).

An 8-inch piece of a fuel rod from the chenobyl
reactor (about 15kg) measured 150,000 times normal.

So the radiation level INSIDE SOMEBODY'S HOUSE is the
same as it would be if you took a kilo of fuel rod
from the chenobyl reactor.

Belarus (the most affected country) spends 20% of its
budget on dealing with Chenobyl.

Doesn't sound so harmless when you think about it like
that!

Alun Harford