Re:[casi] Treatment of Iraqis

<Army officers later apologised to the family for
mistakenly handcuffing them.>

Incredible article and interesting use of language...

What does "mistakenly handcuffing" mean?
I understand that it is possible to mistake one person
for another, and handcuff him. But how could a whole
family, women and children, be "mistakenly"
handcuffed??
Did the US army of heroes perhaps think these were "an
Iraqi man who had recently tried to kill Iraqi
informants working with the Army"??

Or did the US army "mistekenly" enter the neighbor's
house and "mistakenly" arrest all women and children
thinking they were a man from next door?? Is it the
habit in the US to arrest neighbors of suspects??

And shouldn't the man the army is looking for be
referred to as "an Iraqi man in an adjacent house who
'is suspected of having' recently tried to kill Iraqi
informants working with the Army"?? I think the US
system of justice requires that a person is innocent
until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt..  Where
did that principle go?

This is one story that came out. How many similar or
worse cases are there that we haven't heard of?

Perhaps one of the apologists for the US occupation of
Iraq on this list can enlighten us with an
explanation...