Re: [casi] GMO thread

In a message dated 06/17/2003 9:08:17 AM Central Daylight Time,
lists-manager@casi.org.uk writes:

> I have been receiving numerous complaints in the past few days from
> list-subscribers about the GMO thread. This thread is, I am afraid,
> definately off-topic unless clear steps are taken to introduce GMOs to
> Iraq, which to the best of my knowledge has not really happened yet. So

I could not disagree more.  It is a virtual lock that the USA will use Iraqi
lands to further their agro businesses.  If we are to work against/for this,
we need to be informed.  By the time we find out that the crops are planted the
potential damage could already be done.  (or not)  It would be prudent to
exhaust the topic and determine whether or not we wish to write to the
governments of the USuk and ask for public debate on this prior to the introduction of
GMO's into Iraq.

Why in the world would list members complain about an issue that offers them
the opportunity to become educated about a "new" topic when they could simply
exercise their constitutional rights to hit the delete button.  If it is
really bothering you guys/gals that much, use your middle finger to depress the
key.

Roger Stroope
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff USA