* From: "ppg" <ppg@DELETETHISnyc.rr.com>
* Subject: [casi] Iraq: First "footprint" in garrisoning the globe
* Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:57:58 -0400

Tom Engelhardt writing today in his regular internet column, tomdispatch.com
http://www.nationinstitute.org/tomdispatch/index.mhtml?emx=x&pid=744

Putting our foot down in the "arc of instability"

There's a splendid new term for our garrisoning of the globe. It's called
our "footprint." And as an image it has all the immediacy of a giant
squishing a bug into the mud. Take this description from a Washington Post
piece (New Bases Reflect Shift in Military),