[casi] RE Bush, weapons inspectors and Iraqi Gemeral

Hi,

General Nizar Al Khazraji. Reports were that he was whisked out of Denmark
by the CIA atthe beginning of the war (or just before) and that the Danish
authorities were extremely miffed. He showed up in the south (reports at the
time) and then there were reports that he was in Kurdistan - where one would
hardly have thought even the CIA produced flowers and bribes would have
insured him much of a welcome.

Then i've seen nothing about him. If you put his name on google you'll find
the letters to the Danish Minister of Justice re the Anfal, Halabja and his
alleged part in both. He was, if I remember rightly, Saddam Hussein's Chief
of (military) Staff at the time.

Re the search for WMD. I am wondering where pressure can be applied for
accountability - which is more and more lacking at every level. Now the
1.400 Oz, US and UK 'experts' have gone in and the pressure is on, will they
plant them? After all, they are accountable to no independent body. Blix
whilst getti ng a bit braver (hardly difficult given his woeful wetness
previously) has not yelled his head off about his team being told that they
can barely pass the perimiter fence at Tuwaitha, or go virtually any where
else that has nuclear/radiation implications and might have been looted.
Annan has apparently died or been disappeared to Guantanamo.

As far as the illegally held prisoners are concerned at the airport, the Red
Cross too appears to have keeled over in a 'what can we do' hand wringing
wimp-fest.

And call me paranoid, but I had a chilling thought this morning, given the
out of control nature of the US expecially in Iraq, their fear of the
Iraqis, lack of any understanding of culture, language etc. The new mass
grave where 'recent bodies' from April are buried, near Baaghdad: when there
were reports of an riot by those held at Baghdad airport, US soldiers when
questioned, repeatedly were quoted as saying: 'We dealt with it.'  Since
they are behaving so like the previous regime (but without providing the
hospitals, education, water, infrastructure which was in place prior to the
embargo) should this date coincidence be questioned. If so, by whom? And why
still is no proper forensic guarding of these sights taking place?

Again Quis custodiat ipsos custodes? Who guards the guards?

Best, felicity a.

PS and no, yet again, I am not denying mass graves - just saying they all
need investigating - including those by US and UK during the Gulf war. And
distingushing who did what, Today;s reports say bodies were blindfolded with
their hands tied behind their backs. Afghanistan and Guantamo picures too
spring to mind.