Re: [casi] Mass Graves

Dear list members.
                             As some of our colleagues, who are already in =
Iraq, familiar with the country and not far from these scenes, would they care to verify these
reports or otherwise disprove it ?
There are two different issues, the victims are Iraqi people,but the perpetrators are different.
The American/ Allied troops committed the "Turkey shoot" mass burying of Iraqi soldiers in 1991 on
the road from Liberated Kuwait towards Basrah. All other sites,further north, are where Saddam's
military/security forces massacred Iraqi civilians, men,women and children, following the uprising
of 1991, bfore and since then. As Iraqis, we hold Saddam's regime, public enemy number 1, as
directly or indirectly responsible for all that has befallen the Iraqi people ever since his first
assassination attempt on the IRAQI REPUBLIC on 8th February 1963.
Also as Liberated Iraqis, we are dismayed by detractors and apologists of Saddam, who manipulate
our plight for their political agendas and highjack our just cause. Genuine friends of the Iraqi
people should be congratulating them on the downfall of their tormentor, regardless of who and how
it was achieved. Liberated Iraqis consider the end justified the means. They expect and deserve all
the help they can get from others. Ironically, that help has recently come from "Imperialist powers
to be" rather than the self proclaimed "Anti Imperialists" of the 21st century. The latter should
adopt some other cause and refrain from speaking in the name of the Iraqis.
Otherwise, the Iraqis polite message to them is: NOT IN OUR NAME.

Regards,
               Muhamad
 http://www.observer.co.uk/iraq/0,12239,753696,00.html

>>> "Yasser Alaskary" <ya1980@hotmail.com> 06/02 12:14 am >>>
if you go to Iraq now and go to the residential areas, almost every house
has a big black banner with either the names or pictures of family members
that were executed by saddam's regime. each house has at least 2 or 3.