Re: [casi] ! petition warning !

Dear Salwa, Dear list,

we initiated the petition "Stop the United States of Aggression" somewhere
in september, against the thread of war against Iraq". And a lot of people,
also listmembers of CASI, signed this petition, as you may have noticed on
http://www.irak.be/ned/kalender/peacepledgeSOSIraq.htm. I still receive
signatures to support this petition, because it is obvious Bush won't stop
with Iraq.

On the 13th of october your group "Leidse Werkgroep voor Palestijnse
Belangen" held a conference in Leiden in solidarity with Palestine and Iraq.
There was Tanya Reinhard, Gretta Duisenberg, Luk Brusselaers (one of the
initiators of the petition), and Ludo Keersmaekers, a member of SOS Iraq
Belgium. On the 15th of october Ludo has sent me a mail with signatures he
gathered on that conference. Your name was on that list, so I have put your
name on line among the other endorsers of this appeal.

Your group organises a new conference in Leiden on the 15th of june 2003 in
cooperation with a.o. one of the initiators of the petition: Luk
Brusselaers, responsible of "SOS Kinderen Irak Nederland". Jo Cottenier will
attend to the conference as a speaker. He is the responsible of "StopUsa",
meaning: "Stop the United States of Aggression", which is the Belgian
Peace-movement that initiated the peace-appeal (SOS Iraq was co-founder of
this movement), and that emerged from that peace appeal.

The appeal was a tremendous success, also because it was translated in 8
languages. Without our knowledge, different people have sent the petition to
different discussion-groups. Several websites all around the world (Germany,
Spain, Italy, Russia, Latin-America....) have adopted the petition and have
put the names of endorsers also on their website. I really don't see the
problem. And I don't see bad intentions here. I would call this "spreading
solidarity".

If you want your name removed from the list, please feel free to send me an
e-mail.

I'm sorry if I have caused you any trouble.

Yours in struggle for peace.
Dirk Adriaensens.
www.irak.be