[casi] Re: ! petition warning !

Dear Salwa & all,

I am very glad you brought this up. I had no idea my name was posted in
their yahoo group or on their petition.

I went to view the petition and it appears it was taken from a  petition
that someone here (Dirk Adriaensens) on CASI generated earlier this year.
Notice the similarities:

http://www.irak.be/ned/kalender/signatoriesIPA.htm

Felicity's name is right before mine, as well as other the names in order.
Basically, it was copied and pasted.

I agree with you that is was wrong to copy these names and endorse them as
actual petitioners for that cause. But even more so, they added you without
you even participating on any online petitions.

Don't allow a situation such as this to discourage you from adding your name
to a worthwhile (and real) petition.

While we are on the subject... if anyone sees a petition created by me on
thepetitionsite.com that has information that is clearly outdated (stop the
war - yet its a new petition), know that thepetitionsite has taken it upon
themselves to create petitions in my name. They refuse to acknowledge my
complaint against them.

Salwa's discovery is now prompting me to check my name on Google frequently.
Hopefully, doing so we can catch the sites that have used our names, e-mail,
and address inappropriately.

Anai