RE: [casi] A last minute plea to CASI members ..

>WE NEED YOU. WE LOVE YOU. DON'T
       GO AWAY.
       And the world's most enormous thanks to you all, for all you have done,
and
       are."

Hear hear absolutely. CASI is/has been the best list ever. I
and Daniel Robicheau speak and teach about Iraq around the Southwest of Az,
and I work with Karen Parker bringing these issues to
the UN Commission on Human Rights, among other stuff
and it would have been simply impossible to do without CASI.
Not to speak of CASI's interventions ie Glen's brilliant
spotting of false intelligence. If it must come to an end,
we understand, but I echo Felicity's statement, we need you
now more than ever.
The US and UK governments are doing revisionist history
about the sanctions. They have trampled all over Iraq's
immediate and longterm history. As Felicity says, CASI is a repository of
historical knowledge, only this list can refute whatever
crap the "victors" want to dish up.
Perhaps we need to rename this listserve to Campaign Against
the Invasion of Iraq, CAII? Pronounced CA-EE...
If it's a question of burnout, let us know, maybe some of
us can help,
Philippa Winkler

===== Original Message From farbuthnot <asceptic@freenetname.co.uk> =====