RE: [casi] for the children... Thanks + Winding Down?!!

Dear Roger et al.,

   1) Thanks to Roger for suggestion.

   2) I hope that no one in CASI  serously contemplates  "winding down" CASI
even  as the US continues its de fact sanctions. If CASI does wind down even
as the US inflicts and even accelerates  the shame of sanctions under the new
name of "liberation, " then I fear that CASI betrays its years of principled
resistance to economic warfare just because of a cosmetic  name change enabled
by an illegal war.  I feel winding down under these circumstances would be the
ultimate betrayal of the people of Iraq and the people of CASI and the world
everyone's  children will be forced  to inhabit.

tom

>===== Original Message From VnStroope@aol.com =====
>[ Presenting plain-text part of multi-format email ]
>
>I am wondering if CASI could perhaps quickly release another statement to the
>press concerning the situation in Iraq concerning the lack of clean water and
>what this means for the children.  Dr. Nagy has raised this concern on the
>list and it is my belief that the UK is far more likely to do something about
it
>than is the US.
>I understand that CASI is winding down, and perhaps this is technically
>outside the mandate of Sanctions, but could we perhaps use the credibility
that
>CASI has earned and raise this issue before more children begin shitting
>themselves to death.
>I know many of you have connections with your government officials and
>perhaps phone calling and emailing are in order.  I will be happy to do
whatever I
>can from this side of the Atlantic if any of you have any suggestions.
>Please.
>

>Roger Stroope
>Austin College
>Sherman Texas, USA
>www.austincollege.edu

Tom
Thomas J. Nagy, Ph.D.
Assoc. Prof. of Expert Systems
George Washington Univeristy Sch. of Business & Public Mgt.
Washington, D.C. 20052
home.gwu.edu/~nagy