Re: [casi] Questions Raised by Lifting of Sanctions

Dear Suzy & List,

This isn't to answer your, very pertinent questions, there is plenty of
expertise  on the CASI site to
deal with that, very well. Your suggestion for an "Iraq Monitor" is very
good, it implies favouring a long-term view of developments in Iraq. As we
all know, repercussions of  longlasting warfare/sanctions are likely to
continue for many months, years, decades....Few would see cause to "uncork
the Champaigne", in celebration, even after ending of sanctions.But, should
monitoring be exclusively for Iraq, or for the Middle East, e.g. including
the "Road Map" etc.? Like you, I am asking some questions.

Greetings,

Bert Gedin (Birmingham, UK).